Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 06-14-2004
whirling dervish
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Question O'Neil Rally School

Guys,

I'm thinking about early of August...thoughts?

From the website:

DURATION & VEHICLE
This school can be taken over 2-5 days. It is a combination of classroom instruction with hours of seat time in one of our prepared vehicles.

WHEN & WHERE?
The school is taught at our driving facility near Franconia, New Hampshire. Check our schedule for times.

PRICING
2 day: $1650
3 day: $2950
4 day: $4150
5 day: $5350
10% Discount for groups of 4 or more.
A note about our pricing:
Most classes are in a group of 3-6 people. Any 1 on 1 instruction would be by special arrangement. We feel that a group environment is better for our students. Once the 3 day course has been completed, instruction will become more individually focused. Call 603-444-4488 for more information.
WHAT'S INCLUDED?
Free use of our helmets for your safety
Free use of our cars ( DEY DONT KNOW US VEWY WELL, DO DEY)Free lunch on the first day (YOU LEAVE IT ON THE INSIDE OF THE WINDSHIELD AFTER A FEW TURNS)
There are no hidden costs for any of our schools
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Whether you are an existing competition rally racing driver, or simply enjoy aggressive driving, you are guaranteed to leave with a greater understanding of car control.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Become comfortable driving your car on the outer limit
Apply rally techniques to tight paved turns
Learn to master the art of car control in all conditions
Old 06-15-2004
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

August is bad.

A few guys are planning to be in Germany on the N-Ring in M3's. Other's are already outsitting that event, due to prior engagements. How late in the year do they go?
Old 06-17-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: O'Neil Rally School

Here's the link to the school:

http://www.team-oneil.com/index2.htm

They look like they have a pretty good program. Cars are pretty good too. But it looks like they don't have a winter school, which would have been really cool.

Here's the schedule:

http://www.team-oneil.com/schedule.php
Old 09-27-2004
"low eyes and slow hands"
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Team O'Neil Rally School

A guy at work was thinking of taking the O'Neil Rally School course in New Hamp'sha. I told him I'd ask around to see if anyone has any feedback or reviews. Looks like fun. Anyone done this?

http://www.team-oneil.com/school.rally.htm
Old 09-27-2004
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Re: Team O'Neil Rally School

Haven't done it... a few of us thought about it. Would love to hear if your guy does it.
Old 09-28-2004
Team OC/AD D

NOTE: I merged the original thread into Chris' new thread.

I'd love to do one, but what I really want to do is a snow/winter rally school. Do you know anything about the programs at VIR?
Old 09-28-2004
Marketing Wonk
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

When I did the "rally navigator" thing a few years ago (2000 Maine Forest Rally, for those of you scoring at home) my driver had just completed the Team O'Neill Car Control School, and he said it made a HUGE difference for him. Its been on my to-do list since, but once I sold my rally car project, it became less of a priority. Oh well, one of these years...
Old 10-23-2004
Team OC/AD D

SCCA to Discontinue ProRally & Club Rally Programs

SCCA To Discontinue ProRally, ClubRally Programs in 2005

SCCA Staff Writers

TOPEKA, Kan. (Oct. 5, 2004) – Sports Car Club of America’s Board of Directors voted Monday to discontinue the sanction of its current stage-based rally format, including the ProRally and ClubRally Championships, beginning January 1, 2005 due to increasing risk exposure.

“This was a difficult and unfortunate decision to make,” SCCA Board of Directors Chairman Gary Pitts said. “However, from an insurance standpoint, the stage rally format has gotten to the point where it puts the entire Club, its activities and entities under an undue risk.”

“We have many SCCA members whose interests lie in rally,” SCCA President and CEO Steve Johnson said. “It is my intent to allow these members the opportunity to rally in the future and continue to access the sport. I am confident we can accomplish this task.

“We are in negotiations to transition SCCA’s elements of the stage-based rally activity to Rally America, a longtime partner and participant in the sport of rally.”

Unaffected by the decision are SCCA’s RallyCross and RoadRally programs.

SCCA began its special stage-format ProRally Championship in 1973. Since then, the ProRally Championship Presented by Hot Wheels has been regarded as the top domestic rally series. The 2004 Championship has one round remaining, Lake Superior ProRally (LSPR), which will run as scheduled Oct. 22 in Houghton, Mich.

Link to this story: http://www.scca.com/News/News.asp?Ref=178
Old 10-23-2004
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

This should be a link to a printable version of a Road & Track article that reviewed four driving schools, one of them the Oneil Rally School back in the March 2004 magazine. It looks and sounds like a good program.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=1&preview=

If the link doesn't work just Google yourself to Road and Track and go to the March 2004 edition.
Old 10-25-2004
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

As a follow up, they do schedule these Rally schools in winter months when there would, no doubt be snow on the ground so the issue of snow driving is almost a given unless global warming keeps northern New England above freezing through January and February!
Old 11-04-2004
Lost In Asia
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 23

Hello,
I saw this thread, and figuerd I'd make a quick reply.
I went to this rally school a few years back, when he was just starting out, and it was GREAT! I learned quite a bit about car control here, and a LOT about left foot braking, which I still use today. I left foot brake on all cars I can, and use the methods Tim tought me.

I definately recomend it, not only for fun, but improving your driving in all cars, from single seaters to driving road cars in the snow. Let him know I recomend it if you go, I think he may still remember me.

Vinay

Bookmark This Thread