Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions

Old 05-21-2006
Mission Possible
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4
Question Where Did You Stay?

So, ever head to a track you have never been to and wonder where to stay? Sure you have. Ever been on a budget? Ever stayed somewhere due to quality, disregarding price all together? I'm sure somebody has.

Heres the goal -
1.List the track.
2.List the name of the shack.
3.How much dinero per night?
4.How far[mi. & time] from the track?
5.What amenitys?
6.Contact info.

I think it would be cool to build some sort of database of good places to stay when we go chasin' our dreams
Old 05-21-2006
Mission Possible
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4
Re: Where Did You Stay?

1.LIME ROCK PARK
2.Quality Inns & Suites
3.$79.99~99.99 per night (2 people)
4.~20mi. from track/doing the speedlimit will have u there in about 30~35 minutes.
5.Room had fridge, microwave. The place had a "mini" pool that was like a huge hot tub. Nice gym. Option of whirlpool in room. Comp. Breakfast (Waffles, fruit, bagels, toast, juices, coffe, ect.)
6.Quality Inns & Suites
395 Winsted RD
Torrington, CT. 06790
(860) 496-8808
Old 05-21-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

This is actually a good idea. If we collect enough responses we'll organize the posts by track and create a short list of high percentage choices for each track. Here's my contribution from our visit in May '06.

1. VIR

2. The Lodge

3. $79 per night

4. Inside the track campus outside of turns 4, 5 and 6

5. Recent modern retro renovation, Jacuzzi tubs in each bathroom, 32 inch widescreen flat panel TV's with DVD/VCR players, both highspeed wireless and hardwire interrnet connections in each room.
Continental breakfast consists of a basket with 2 single cereal boxes, a few pieces of fruit and 2 single milk and juice containers in the mini fridge.
Deck chairs on the very wide common deck overlook the track.
The downside is no elevator and if you are on the 2nd or 3rd level you'll have to wrestle your gear bag up and down the outside stairways each day.
For meals.... (In words from their website.) "While you are our guest, dine at The Oak Tree Tavern or enjoy yourself at Connie's Pub. Both are located in our fabulously restored 1840's Plantation Clubhouse. You can also relax poolside and take advantage of the breathtaking views!

The next nearest food and lodging is in Danville about 10 miles away. If you're racing there isn' a more convenient and comfortable location.

6.The Lodge at VIR
1245 Pine Tree Road
Alton, Virginia USA 24520

Telephone: 434.822.2680
Fax: 434.822.8033
Old 05-22-2006
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

If someone from SBRS would contact American Express Travel, we could probably get a program set up with them where a person at AMEX would know all the options in an area plus perhaps restaurants, other activities etc.. Then we could just call AMEX for all our travel needs for any given race weekend.
Old 05-22-2006
Fund Raiser Racer
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

and people say i live in my own world

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 05-22-2006
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert
If someone from SBRS would contact American Express Travel, ...
I endorse Dick's general approach, although as an employee of MasterCard Inc. I am bound to point out that the best travel advice AmEx could provide is to take along your MasterCard, since their cards aren't accepted in most places.

On a related topic, at VIR a few of us were talking about the possibility of starting a private airplane forum on TJR. Quite often it seems that a few race weekend participants and/or their guests fly private planes to the track (well, okay, to a nearby airport) and it seems logical that if they choose to share their travel plans there might be an opportunity to "air-pool" with TJR folks traveling between the same cities.
Old 05-22-2006
OTB
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 19

Two extremes:

At Watkins Glen:

The Villager Motel
$60 per night, and overpriced by about $58. No towels (just 1 small washcloth); no shampoo (just one measly bar of soap, which may have been used already), no TV, and the world's grungiest-looking rug. Sleep here at your own risk; I wore my clothes to bed for protection. Incredibly loud - right on the main trucking route through town. Close to the track though, less than 6 minutes away. The whole experience will keep you at the track and focused on racing as much as possible.

At Mont Tremblant:

Hotel Quintessence
Top-of-the-line suite, $1500CD/night
4 rooms, 2 fireplaces, tub for two, large private deck with hottub and 3rd fireplace, unbeliveable luxury and service. Minutes from the track, 2 minute walk to the village.
Worth every penny when Mrs. deserves the very best for putting up with that racing habit.

Bookmark This Thread