Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 07-22-2004
WillowCross Racing
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Masters Jpl

For those of us who are a little long in the tooth and were a little late to the party
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	MASTERS.gif
Views:	107
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	20  
Old 07-22-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: Masters Jpl

The top 4 are really close. Donald, are you going to double at any races this year? If you and Casey do, both of you have a really good chance of getting up there.
Old 07-22-2004
WillowCross Racing
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

I'm planning on adding races at Mt. Tremblant and Watkins Glen to end up with a full season of races. Of the top eight I'm the only one with 5 races.

The issue for all of us in Masters is-who will move up to the Championship group to get the extra points.

He who does wins the Masters.
Old 07-23-2004
Team OC/AD D

I'm really happy to hear you're doing Tremblant. It's going to be amazing.

And maybe it's the right time for you and hammer to take the plunge into the champ group. is Hammer coming to MT?
Old 07-23-2004
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Juicy masters...

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here.

I don't really care who wins the Master's championship, but it damn well better be a TJR member! That might mean working together as a team and not DIVEBOMBING each other on or off the track (Bill pay careful attention!).

Maybe you should go back and watch that awesome move that Rubens DID NOT put on Michael recently. Why? Cause he wasn't faster? NO!! Because the risk of contact, emarrassment and the loss of team standings would have been too devastating.

Let's put personal goals aside.. keep it clean... and bring home a Juicy Championship!! I mean, what is really important here???
Old 07-25-2004
Bavarian Berserk
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

More profesionalism - please!

I feel compelled to agree with Michael. Motorsport is a team effort, everybody knows that. I also would like to offer a solution for the problem at hand. It requires a three-step adaptation process as described below. After all we want to act and behave like the pros in Formula 1, or not?
  1. Convert all the competitors in the Expert group - the remaining ones who could not be "talked up" into the Champions group that is - into Team Juicy members. This will provide equal opportunities for all.
  2. Change the qualifying format to single lap a la F1.
  3. Since the sequence of the grid is thus carved in stone and everyone is a TJR member, the race result is then a forgone conclusion. Obviously passing (also a la F1) would be prohibited. While being at it, also ban trying to pass or sanction it with a drive through penalty.
With this approach numerous aspects are satisfied:
The fastest guy wins, we all save a lot of crash damage expenses and we can maybe even charge admission from the spectators: the show is then very similar to what they get on TV.

Last edited by birkmama; 07-25-2004 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-25-2004
Team OC/AD D

Talking Re: More profesionalism - please!

I agree with the concept, but I think there are two issues that need tweaking:

1. Having a qualifying session that actually determines the starting grid may be a bad thing, as that will also obviously affect the finishing positions according to our new proposed strategy. It leaves the opportunity for a TJR member who is lower in the standings to finish higher than his leading team mate (by out-qualifying him), therefore decreasing the team leader's chance of winning the championship. I say TJR members should start in the same order as their current points standings.

2. We shouldn't limit this to the Expert group only. I suggest that we extend it to the Champ group as well. The supporting team member's responsibilities should now also be to support the leader's championship winning potential by taking out all of his his main competitors (for example, in Champ group, Martin should take out Matt Franc etc.) whenever they are in front of him. The team members should of course try to do this within 5 laps, so they only have to do one safety check for all car contact violations. They should then fall behind the lead member for the finish. I really like this new policy. Let's put personal goals aside.. keep it clean... and bring home a Juicy Championship!! I mean, what is really important here???

S.
Old 07-26-2004
C-Birki
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: More profesionalism - please!

Attention all ladies.....

Now that TJR has new policies in place, it looks like a great opportunity for us to start racing. Since there is no passing allowed, it will be much less dangerous, perfect for us girlie-girls!!
Old 07-26-2004
Too fast to race
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: More profesionalism - please!

I like that idea, although, if we race, who is going to take all the exciting action shots? oh, that's right, there aren't going to be any!
The question is, if the girls do race, where do we fit on the grid? I suggest we get a girlie handicap to prevent us showing up the men by qualifying ahead of them, thus avoiding bruised ego's etc. (quite likely I might add, right ladies?)
Personally, though, I think I will hang out with Sid and the Skippie guys - I would hate to miss out on the commentary with these rules in place - if they are still awake, that is
Old 07-28-2004
PointBy

Cool Re: Juicy masters...

"NOT DIVEBOMBING EACH OTHER" ...from the only fully-credentialed ACE in TJR! I still have shrapnel wounds from the strafing I took when I went down burning in turn-one @ LRP.

OK, I'll take the bait, sign me up for C1 for the rest of the season (LRP,WG,LRP). I want to see how "real" racers race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAmok
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here.

I don't really care who wins the Master's championship, but it damn well better be a TJR member! That might mean working together as a team and not DIVEBOMBING each other on or off the track (Bill pay careful attention!).

Maybe you should go back and watch that awesome move that Rubens DID NOT put on Michael recently. Why? Cause he wasn't faster? NO!! Because the risk of contact, emarrassment and the loss of team standings would have been too devastating.

Let's put personal goals aside.. keep it clean... and bring home a Juicy Championship!! I mean, what is really important here???
Old 07-28-2004
Thumb-alina

Huh?

I remember "mixing it up" with lot's of people... But I don't remember any incident with you! When was this??
Old 07-28-2004
PointBy

Re: Huh?

It was just racing, but I could not let the opportunity go by.
Old 07-28-2004
Thumb-alina

The thing is...

I get a lot of crap already... I probably deserve most of it!

Just wanted to make sure I didn't have amnesia about an "incident" with you too!!

Bookmark This Thread