View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Re: My collection of racing quotes....

A few years ago a T-shirt was done for the mech fund called "25 Years of Bruce'isms". On the back was a collection of some of Bruce MacInness's more noteworthy expressions.

Here is a sampling
  • Stop him! Stop him! He's gonna crash!
  • Like a doberman with a hand grenade
  • Have I told you this before?
  • Low-life sleazeball early apexer
  • This is not good
  • Paranoia is a state of awareness
  • Was there a head in that?
  • True Story
  • What? Do you want to live forever?
  • I had a cocker spaniel like you once
  • A spin is a crash without a noise at the end
  • Kerchunk
  • Put an ambulance in Turn 1
  • Did the office tell you to show up late?
  • If you keep driving like this, in a year you'll have been dead for 364 days
  • I need to do paperwork
  • F.B. = Flowing Brilliance
  • Big Crash! Big Crash!! We're going to have to stop this...oh wait, he's underway
His website has some fun articles, here are some excerpts from one on racing at Bridgehampton:

Bridgehampton was one of the only tracks in the world where one’s talent had to be matched by an equal measure of Testicular Fortitude – You Had to be Brave at this Place.

All who raced there knew that the Earth was flat and ended on the outside of Turn Two in the sand.

Simple spins in the sand have also exacted dramatic personal consequences. Many drivers have experienced several personality changes in the eternity it took to stop without flipping. Some even lowered the center of gravity in their underwear. There were likely several interim stages of terror and relief if one ever tempted fate and spun at the Edge of the Earth in the sand.

On flipping:
All these memorable occasions have led to the two Basic Rules of Flipping, (both of which were invented at Bridgehampton):
1. Don’t close your eyes; you’ll miss the best part.
2. If it gets quiet during the crash, don’t release your seatbelts – You may still be airborne.

We love ya Bruce

Last edited by cdh; 02-03-2008 at 11:14 PM.