View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Changing SBRS Groups

To continue with my message above, One of the the best races I had was under the old system and it was loaded with a star studed field including Ryan Hunter Reay(?) and Rafel Matos, Duerson, Hazmat and the rest of the crew.
I was in 6th place and catching Rafel. Needless to say I was excited at the chance to actually beat this great driver. I was catching him out of the kink at RA and passed him inrto Canada. Needless to say I was A "Happy Boy". It was the white Flag lap, and he repassed me going into the the kink sideways. After the race I went up to congratulate him on a good battle and in his broken English at the time Kept saying "Key out, Key out". I had no idea what he was talking about untill Stevie De came over and we figured out that his key kept falling out of the inignition and his car kept shutting off. He had to drive with one hand holding the key the whole race and when shifting he had to put his knee on the steering wheel to shift. That race gave me real insight into my driving abilities!! Can't even beat a guy one handed. I would have never had this experience if we had divided groups at the time. I probably would have been on the podium in a Sportsmen group, thinking I was good. That race showed me how good I really was. Losing is part of winning. Show me a guy how has never lost and I'll show you a guy who has never worked.

oh well
back to work