Thread: Alumni Reunion
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Alumni Reunion

If we can get a quarom of the old Master's national group together, I would definitely join the fun. . . even if it's a forgone conclusion that Wilcox would kick our collective butts, as usual.

Maybe if we allow Greg Borland to enter some formula Continentals with appropriate restrictor plates, we could get John Griest, Brian Sheppard, Jim Victor, and Kirk Kindsfather to make an appearance.

Someone needs to convince Dave Kaemmer that he'd be missing a great opportunity to promote iRacing if he doesn't make it to the weekend.

Also need to get Mike Marino out from behind his cameras, and back into the cockpit. After all, we need somebody to keep Mr. Wilcox honest.

Throw in a Saturday night poker tournament to bring back Rosland Isra.

Make Divina, who lives in Sebring, the honorary starter for the event.

Bring back the rat pack, to prove once again that success at racing is 50% skill, and 50% treachery (er, I meant racecraft).

Jimmy Locke would have to come just to escape February in New Hampshire.

Meanwhile, Dom and I can relive our Epic 2008 Master's Nationals duels by fighting tooth and nail over next-to-last place.

Get Todd to designate the Saturday afternoon memorial for the Master's group, so we get three races together over the weekend, rather than two. Heck, give us a memorial on Friday afternoon as well, if there are only 4 races groups for the weekend. (Tell Todd to bring LOTS of spare cars ).

The more I think about it, the more I like it!!