View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Southern Series Championship Race at Daytona 3/27/04

Posted on behalf of John Pew:

I should get a "kill brain" or "dead brain" sticker for my brilliant last lap following Patterson and Seville at Daytona this weekend. Phil and I are sticking behind Patterson the whole race waiting and waiting for the last 1/4 lap to pull out. Mark would make the rare bobble, but no, we stick behind. No way would we pass until the right time. Patterson knew he was toast.

Of course since Mark is towing us around for 30 minutes we never thought he'd use more fuel. That means thinking. He's flat out at 6,000,000,000,000 rpm and we're 3/4 throttle on the banking. Well, as it happened on the last lap Mark's car coughs a little in the exit of turn one and 6. Well, me with my tremendous IQ and superior brain power thought Mark is just fooling with us. He wants us to pass so he can get us on the last straight. I'll out smart him and stay behind him.

We come out of the chicane and on to the straight and Mark is going very slow. I down shift to 4th!! This earns me the dead brain sticker. I have to stay behind him until the appropriate time. Phil is thinking the same. I'm not moving until Phil moves. Then in the mirrors I see two cars approaching fast. OH OH. On the gas and try to get around Mark but its too late. Willcox and Jude jet by. Somehow Mark managed to still finish in front of us with a P3.

When you make up the 'dead brain" stickers Doug, send me the biggest. BTW it was still one of the most fun races I've done.

John

Last edited by sydude; 04-26-2004 at 05:46 PM.