View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Announching the NEW National Schedule!

The combined schedule also gives the National drivers MUCH more opportunities to get out on the track (ie extra practice, lapping days, radio coaching, lead/follow) compared to what they would have gotten at a ALMS or Grand-Am weekend. Also, they are guaranteed their race time. so if someone were to crash and black flag the track for a half hour, the drivers would still be able to get that half hour of racing.

They have lower entry fees (at this time in their career, that's a HUGE deal) and lower travel costs because there won't be the jacked up race weekend rates.

Yes, being at more "major" events with other series is great, and I'm grateful that we're running at two this season. However, more track time and more coaching will benefit the National drivers much more than simply racing the same event as ALMS or GRAND-AM. I'd rather have our credibility based on the strength and performance of our drivers than the series they run with on big name events. Not to mention, on weekends like that, the drivers are completely overshadowed by the other series, both at the event and on the news lines as well. Don't get me wrong, I love the bigger events, but the schedule for this year isn't a terrible thing.

Regarding the recently changed status of the company as a whole, I'm sure you all understand this doesn't mean that we have the instant resources and ability to change everything overnight. Todd has been slaving over this schedule for months, working with various tracks and race series trying to give the best possible opportunities to drivers (I for one can't believe all the work that goes in to putting together a race schedule). The financing only happened this week. Yes, there are many things the company can and will change. But remember this is a company with many partners and avenues of business, and this affects every area. Everything can't change overnight, and we can't put all the new resources into one area. There's going to be a lot of meetings and a lot of decision making. Toooooooooons of work ahead.