View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Final Race weekend @ LRP - Championship Finale Preview

A big congrats to Matt 'Peter Who?' Franc on his championship this year (should I change your user name now to 5&counting?), and also to Peter for being the only guy to challenge him the whole way. I watched most of the action right behind these two freaks, and it was always super-entertaining. I plan on watching these guys go at it again this weekend at Lime Rock, but this time from one of my mirrors.

Here's the points standings for active drivers: now - (drops) = total points

1. Matt Franc 658 (22) = 636
2. Peter Ludwig 526 (33) = 493
3. Sy Aryeh 423 (14) = 409
4. Ivo Guerguiev 386 (10) = 376
5. Deyne Bentt 341 (0) = 341
6. John Edwards 294 (0) = 294
7. David Casey 231 (0) = 231

This weekend will see P3 through P7 settled. Deyne can take P4 from Ivo with some good finishes, and may even be able to take P3 if he kicks some really big ass and if I really screw the pooch. It looks like he'll need to win one race at least, and finish first or second in the other, as well, if he wants to have a chance.

Ivo's got a better shot at third, but again, he's got Deyne right behind him breathing down his neck. If he does score well, it will take finishes close to his for me to keep the position.

In sixth is flyin' David Casey, who had the cajones (kudos!) to move up to the Champ class mid-season, unlike his wimpy buddies. David's got a great shot at taking P6 from Edwards, who will probably miss the Finale as he's in Valencia, Spain trying out for the Red Bull Team (Go Johnny, Go!). So, 'Go, David, Go' too. It's also a shame that Deyne and David didn't get a chance to do the entire season, and that David also didn't start in the Champ group earlier, as they would both be much higher in the standings.

Finally, there's a rumor or two out there about some 'surprise entrants'. I wonder 'who' one of them may be? Tune in to find out....

On to the show!

Last edited by sydude; 10-05-2004 at 06:14 PM.