View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Skip Barber Racing School liquidation sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
We could repurpose it toward the Lucas race series and school. I think Gerardo would be on board with that.
Glad to do it, but re-purposing it is the easy part. The question is, will anyone use it? Texting, Facebook and all of the other new kinds of 'short form' kinds of communication have completely decimated the way we used to interact with each other. It's completely changed us. Personally, I don't like it... there's no more real public dialog. Now it's all about quick (and usually valueless) statements that people make, where any resulting dialog is tertiary at best, both in substance and also in form (where they get buried as 'comments'). And all of this stuff mostly disappears quickly into the ether, where there's no real construct of valuable or resourceful information getting accumulated over time for the public to take advantage of.

My 2 cent rant is now over, but it will still be sitting right here, easily browsable and searchable for the next few years at least.

Last edited by sydude; 09-18-2017 at 01:07 PM. Reason: added in the word 'easily' right before 'browsable and searchable'. HAH.