Thread: Skippy Prototype Car ('05-'07): Russell new cars?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Russell new cars?

Not sure how many people are following the goings on at Russell these days but I wonder how it could affect the Barber program at Laguna Seca?

It was annonced that the school had been sold and that major ownership changes are in store including all new Formula 3 like carbon fibre chassis for the the series are on order. While it sounds great, the lack of information has lead to speculation from the drivers on how that will affect the future of the school relating to the cost and damage deductables. With all the major components(tub and wings) made of carbon fibre and the chassis having to be shipped back to London for repairs, the speculation is warranted.

With so many people uneasy about it, I wonder if there may be a lot more of the Russell regulars looking to Barber to fulfill the need for a cost effective replacement to the Russell series in Northern CA.

I am not trying to stir the pot, but just wonder how or if it will impact the Skippy schedule. It makes me wonder as I was thinking about a couple of races at each program.

Nick