View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006
Mission Possible
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Dodge out, Mazda in at SBR

Quote:
Wasn't casting aside the work of anyone Quickster, just reflecting conversations I had with developers of the new car months ago on power plants being considered. A Mazda rotary engine would be awesome but probably overkill on everthing but the national series... in which you made considerable progress this year by the way... Nice work and congrats.
Roger that. I derived my oppinion from time spent in the Russell cars (looks over both shoulders for an anti-russell-sniper) I believe with gearing, and a little tuning down, they would actualy be awsome. The way the engine responds to throttle input just seems to be, for lack of a better term, more like a race car. Plus they sound cool. (I know whenever we go from running anywhere other than Laguna, to Laguna, we miss that vroom-vroom sound) (to be zoom-zoom soon right?) Mazda boasts 238hp which is a bit more than the supposed 150hp, but as with most things in life, I'm sure it can be tamed down a bit. I nominate myself as a great example of that. (doh! there I go again) Thank you for the kudos, I appreciate it.