View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Changing SBRS Groups

Raced in old system years ago and current system, wasn't around when the change was made and never understood why...yes i heard the reasons but in real life those that benefited were the minority.

Honestly my own experience in Midwest this past season was not positive the final two weekends when I went to champ. Call me whatever you want but I found minimal enjoyment fighting for the last 3-4 positions in a race or qualy and little confidence I would ever reach the podium again, for me it was much less fun and eroded my confidence. Secondly I am/was unwilling to spend the $$$ I felt was required for enough seat time to even get to mid pack. Maybe at 61 my objectives are different than others but I did skippy for fun and for me that includes being competitive and potentially winning. At the same time I personally would not want to go back to sportsman groups just to win, because i do believe under the current system that is also unfair..old system just worked.

Anyway I hope the powers to be can look back objectively on the trade offs of the changes. What effect has that had on decisions to race or not, it becomes another reason on the list to maybe push the vote to no! Who are the best long term customers of SBRS consistently and who is effected most moving from sports-champ...what part of the customer base???

Anyway I'm not racing SBRS anymore and for the record the above is not the major reason but it certainly had a direct influence on my decision. In the future if i do SBRS again the group structure, especially if doing a full season will certainly be of significance.

donv