Thread: I'm Here!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: I'm Here!

Slow, I was so relieved to find out I was not the only one who feels this way. When people would ask me about my experience, I would tell them, and the looks I got told me I must be crazy. No-one got it. My aunts and uncles are regional level motocross champions, my dad runs moto cross and has an unbelievable baja truck. None of them get it. How can you spend so much money persuing something so time consuming, expensive, and taxing without having a passion for it?

When I posted that story, so many people came out of the wood-work to comment; it really meant the world to me. It was such a revelation! I receved a series of private messages from one person (you know who you are) that had my wife and I in tears (she is so supportive, there is no better woman in the world; of course I am biased). He gave me some advice that helps me to keep my head up, and understand that there is still plenty of time to make this happen despite any setbacks.

Thank you again for the kind words, it really does help me cope.

My apologies to Mikey for jacking this thread. I promise I didn't mean to. I am so happy to hear that you are joining the ranks of this wonderful sport, and an incredible group of people. Best of Luck!