View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: New Member Introduction Thread - Please stop in and say Hello

I'm glad I found this web site. Im 18 years old, live in Birmingham, Alabama, and my first word was car. As far as I can remember, I would be waking up early on Sundays to watch the F1 races, and racing back from church to catch the Nascar race. Now to the good stuff. I have always wanted to be a race car driver since I was a kid, but I knew that if I didnt start of karting I really would have a chance. My parents were horrified at the idea and it sort of stopped there. However, I convinced them to let me attend a SB 3 day out at VIR in June, (I believe I had Phil and Nick as some of my instructors) and I did better than I thought I would, as I figured I would get blown away since I had never karted before. I had other plans as well, but my parents not liking the idea are making me pay for everything now. I was going to attend Road America, with a 2-day advanced, car control, and then a mid-western regional race, but i was a few dollars short. I then decided to do the Bertil-Roos 2 day advanced at VIR and had a blast. I hope to participate in the school and race activities at Mid-Ohio in september, and the southern regional race series as well, but I just need to find a bank to rob. I will be going to the University of Alabama next year, majoring in Mechanical engineering. (it was the closest thing to cars.) Current forms of racing? Besides the two 8 laps races at bertil roos, basically putting my mini cooper too the limit in every corner. I found this site on google, and Im hear basically to learn and get experience from drivers who have done it before me, and who are where I want to be.
Thanks,
Thomas