View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006
Marketing Wonk
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Round #2 of the '06 Fantasy F1 Competition - Picks are due Friday Mar 17 1:00AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TEAM JIMARDI HOPES TO BUILD ON BAHRAIN MOMENTUM
Having scored more points than Toyota, MF-1, or Super Aguri at the recent Grand Prix of Bahrain, Team Jimardi principal Jimal Temus is confident of building momentum for the balance for the Formula One season.

“Starting at the beginning of the season is of great advantage to us,” noted Jimal. “We left allot of points on the table last season.”

As for his Bahrain picks?

“The first race is always a good time to take risks. I knew going in that Scott Speed was a risk. I was gambling on V-10 reliability for the first race or two. While both Scuderia Toro Rosso cars completed the race distance, expecting points from either Speed or Liuzzi was a bit optimistic. You can take the Minardi off the engine cover, but you can’t take the Minardi out of the team. I was confident with the rest of my picks, as they were and are proven drivers. What are the odds that McLaren, Renault and Honda would suffer race day problems only with the drivers I picked?”

For the next round of the FIA Formula One World Championship, to be contested at the Sepang Circuit in Malaysia, Team Jimardi is going to go more conservative with his picks.

“For the “A Group”, I’ve decided to pick Michael Schumacher, as Ferrari seems to be back on their game, and Fernando Alonso, as Renault seems to have lost nothing over the winter. For my “B Group” picks, I’m sticking with Rubens Barrichello, as the 3rd gear failure on the Honda was a bit freakish. I’m also going with Red Bull Ferrari’s Christian Klein. He’s been driving under the radar, but driving exceptionally well. My team pick will be Ferrari.”

Team Jimardi struggles with the “107% rule” from its 2-car garage “headquarters” in Bristol, Conn.

###