Thread: Skippy Prototype Car ('05-'07): New Skippy Car Components Survey #1 of 8: WINGS
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006
Chris Hawley
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: What type of Wings for new Skippy car?

1. Does the new car need wings for a 3-Day School? IMO, it's not necessary, but I sure would have liked to have them. The car felt very light on the front straight at Laguna.
2. Does the new car need wings for Advance Activities (Lapping, ADV 2-Day) Yes.
3. Does the new car need wings for the Regional Race Series? Yes.
4. Does the new car need wings for the MASTERS National Championship? Yes.
5. Does the new car need wings for the regular Skip Barber National Championship? Yes.
6. For each of the above activities, if "Yes", what level of downforce is appropriate in general terms, such as Light, Medium, Heavy downforce? For numbers one, two, and three, I think the downforce should be medium, or whatever is considered normal.
7. Should the wing angles be adjustable by customer request at any of the above activities? If so, which series should be adjustable? For numbers four and five, I think the wings should be adjustable at the customer's request. I believe it would add an interesting dynamic to the national races. If not adjustable, I think the downforce should at least be higher than that of numbers one, two, and three.
8. Any other comments? Yes... I don't really know much about the specific design of the wings on the R/T2000, nor have I had considerable experience in these cars. So take my opinions with a grain of salt.