View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Re: WatertownNewbie at Laguna Seca

Ted

Yes, I was the first to respond to your first post. And we all know how that went! I'm glad this reply went over better!

I am glad (though not as glad as you!) that your wife reacted well to the crash video. I'm sure it helped that you were sitting there in full health as she watched it! My wife says that she is more comfortable with me racing after having seen a number of crashes and how drivers just walk away.

By the way, your wife seems pretty observant! Brava!! She is obviously right... using all of the road is critical, and exit speed is king!

As for the video... GOOD MOVE! You may remember, in the thread about how to equip yourself for racing, I highly endorsed videos. The way you used it is helpful... kind of a 20/20 hindsight review. It is even more helpful next year before you revisit a track. With several race weekends under your belt, you will find all kinds of things to fix as you re-orient yourself with the track in preparation for a weekend. I found that I could often match last year's best times in my first session this year, if I had prepped with one of my own videos!

The most valuable use though, is to watch the videos at night DURING a race weekend! A lot of things become evident that you can fix the next day.

I too will be at RA and Mt T. Both are awesome tracks. I'll see you there!