View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: To Sportsman or Not To Sportsman

"So whatever ends up happening I think the most important part of the groups is to have drivers who are approximately of the same speed in the same group."

I sooooo agree! Todd

That is the thing with the old system. It worked very well. We can/could go back to that format. Problem with it is that in any given race you only had 2 or 3 other guys running your speed so that was the most you would have in a pack and the only time that those running at the back of the pack had a chance at a podium and a tropy was the finale at the end of the season.

Now a days we see much bigger packs and more, closer, fun racing! (I think).

Might also be a regional thing. In the East and South this last year (or so) we have had more than 10 Championship drivers (for the whole season). In the West and MidWest, it has been less than that.

Points, no points. It seems that the one decision we all can not come to is: When/what determines a Sportsman driver to move up. Wins? Seems to have the most popularity. But, what if that happens after five or six weekends and the individual is in the hunt for the Sportsman title? Do you take it away from him and move him up to Championship? No. that is why Doug's idea makes sense.

The other good news, is that you can count on two things..... Dom being anaylitical and looking at it by numbers! (which I was counting on!) and Sid looking at if from what is in it for him! (which I was counting on as well!)

Todd