View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Living with a Corvette in winter in Quebec...

Got it on the clean wiper area or they won't work. The trick would be to figure out some sort of cover or mat that would protect that area when it snowed without freezing to the car. Then you could lift it off and go. :-)

I'm surprised you can't run the A/C with the heater? I'd check the manual on that as there is usually a way to run the A/C with the heat. Have been able to do that with every car I've had for the last 30 years, but I've no experience with Corvettes. There's usually a switch or button that activates the A/C compressor that can be turned on or off in heat mode. Perhaps it uses the A/C compressor all the time.

We were at -5 below fahrenheit last night with wind chill -25, tonight -9 below. Impressive what extreme cold does to cars and all things mechanical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavien View Post
Oh yeah and I forgot, I do clean up the whole car before driving. The wipers are tucked in between the hood and the windshield (for aerodynamic purposes I guess), so it's a mess to get snow/ice out of there but I have to do it every single time otherwise my wipers simply won't work...
As for the AC, well, i can't run both at same time... I just set the tempearture I want in the car and that's all...