View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Re: Physical requirements for a 3 day racing school

Its been a few weeks since I last posted. Tonight or tomorrow I'm calling Skip Barber and placing my order for the 3 day racing school at the end of the month.

As I said before, I want to do the course to learn as much as possible about road racing, but specifically for use at my local HPDE. I've asked a few different amateur racers about Skip Barber, and I get mixed opinions. A couple of them have told me that learning in a formula car won't translate to my street car. However, another racer friend of mine praises the Skip Barber formula school, and guarantees that I'll be able to transfer the skills. He says the Miata school will be boring compared to F car. Do you guys think I''ll be quicker/smoother with my street car after the 3 day formula course? Or am I just wasting time and money?

My goal is to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I plan on doing the 3 day modified Sebring course. Hopefully I'll get great instructors. I also want to have fun, but I'm not taking the course to have just have fun or to try something new. I want to learn and improve my road course driving skills.

Appreciate your comments!