View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Re: Road America (August) -- Mechanics' Fund

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
As ever the gentleman I am, I acquiesce to the superior charms of my brown eyed friend - here is a picture of the happy couple (remember this account is from my learned friends Jaeger soaked cranium)
Yes, Paul, you are a true-blue gentleman, and we could all learn a thing or two about sportsmanship from you. That plus positive attitude and enthusiasm for life. I am grateful that we have become good friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
Speaking of gravel traps, Paul GT Subject (aka Big Paulie ) will be there so he can be the muscle for the Mechanic's Fund, always does a great job I worked with Steve Welk and his print shop partner to create a new T-shirt for the fund. With so many drivers there we'll hopefully sell a lot of them - get out your wallet$ fella$! The mechanics will surely be worked hard, help them out.
Before we leave Road America in the mists of memory, it is appropriate to acknowledge several people's efforts on behalf of the SB mechanics, since those poor guys will likely be working on the damage from our poor decision-making for the next couple of weeks, if not longer. ("The mechanics will surely be worked hard," that was the understatement of the year.) What many may not have realized is that we made their Sunday evening miserable, because they had to prepare the destroyed fleet for a fully subscribed 3-day school beginning the very next day.

Doug designed a brilliant logo for the back of the shirt, Steve Welk's T-shirt printing company did the job for cost, Paul Subject pitched the shirt at the driver meetings and took charge of the cash, and I know Badgersid has got his hands (and cash) in there somewhere behind the scenes. Sid, I hate to tell you, but you may never get your spot in the limelight back. Paul is highly effective at getting folks to contribute without being in fear of life or limb or property. Somehow, that can actually be done. I think SB management also prefers that everyone's rentals remain in one piece.

Thank you everyone (and everyone who contributed), Paul would have to give you the final figures, but we sold more than 50 of the shirts at $40 apiece and collected additional money on top of that.