View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Re: JOHN FITCH COULD USE SOME HELP

Here is a reply from FOF

Doug -

Thanks for your interest. I hope you can help too. The draft of a press release is now over with Tom Armstrong of Reid & Riege, Hartford attorneys. John is also running it by some other people including VSCCA and Salisbury Bank & Trust, where any help-out-Fitch funds would be directed.

I will let you know when the release is OK to go, and send you a copy. I write for Vintage Motorsport and five other magazines so I will send to the automotive magazines that know John. In a second mailing I will try to reach more general publications and broadcast outlets.

Any additional distribution that you can make will be all to the good. There is no harm in sending multiple news releases to the same editorial contact.

I looked at the thread about John on the Skip Barber site (that's tjr - cdh) and it is great to see this interest in John. I am confident we can all help him.

One more thing. I got a call this morning from John Gorsline, the racing insurance man, who is at Sebring. He's going to put on a go-kart race with the proceeds going to help Fitch.

Best wishes,
Carl Goodwin

Friends of Fitch
179 W. Main St.
Norwalk, OH 44857
(419)668-2563
attlastt@frontier.net

That assoc. of my brother might be able to help. He has dealt with the DEP extensively in the development / rehabilitation / cleanup of a property in CT. I have forwarded him all I have on the subject, he will let me know if his contacts in the DEP can help. We'll see what happens.

So nice to see this kind of good will for someone who is not even known to many of these people.

Last edited by cdh; 03-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.