View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: First Skippy Race in May

They used to change up the track configurations at Lime Rock because we'd be there at least twice a season but we're only there once this year and most prefer Classic Lime Rock with the normal fast uphill. I'd expect that will be the configuration this summer. The alternate uphill is tougher on brakes and transmissions so both drivers and SBRS prefer the original configuration.

Lead follow will give you confidence and more of the nuance of those cars at Lime Rock. You can also reduce your cost by converting a lapping session to a lead follow. Because Lime Rock is short there are lots of laps per session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin1971 View Post
Thanks for the info Pat! Lead follow sounds like a good idea. I can add it to the lapping or practice day. I was hoping they were going to bring the Meotters out to Mid Ohio this year and do that race too but I may just do the formula race instead. Too close to home to miss. Do they usually run the traditional layout of LRP for the race weekends or will they add in the newish chicane?

Looking forward to going wheel to wheel again.

Regards
Ken