View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007
Maybe it's not the car..
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Re: To Sportsman or Not To Sportsman

As one of the gang (along with Kelly, Kim, Nick Nick, Todd, Keith, etc..) that would be called upon to create the groups from scratch every weekend with the "use practice and qualifying times method," I am running away and hiding now.. (Just kidding! It's not a bad idea for the end result that would really make the groups competitive each weekend, it's just a lot of work with our current system and equipment..)

I, like Todd, really enjoyed reading all the ideas here! I'd like to add one thing to Todd's ideas and that is that while I agree that the Championship groups (or groups if some of some of these ideas help) should always be as equally competitive as possible for the quality of the ending results, if the Sportsman's races were to no longer have their own overall championship to effect THEY could have different grouping at times to make for even MORE fun racing!

At any given weekend, if there were enough new drivers to make up their own group we could do that. Since the differences in Dom's points structure is usually pretty fair between the two groups, running "experience/lap time" based Sportsman groups some weekends wouldn't have a huge effect on the top 20-30 drivers in the overall (and now possibly only) points.. (For those of you that weren't around in 2004, Dom spent what we believe to be HUNDREDS of hours helping to create the current points from our previous structure. Thanks again Dom!)

I'm also thinking that we need to collect all the pennies being thrown out here for the mechanic's fund! Make sure you write all these amounts down Sid (mine included)..

Randy