Thread: Skippy Prototype Car ('05-'07): New Skippy Car Components Survey #4 of 8: DATA ACQUISITION
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006
Martin Zimmerman
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: New Skippy Car Components Survey #4 of 8: DATA ACQUISITION

Computer Car

I have used the Computer Car at four, maybe five tracks over the years. I have done this several times at the same track in consecutive years because I am still slow. I find this to be tremendous help. My laptimes occasionally improve, but I know what and why is the main reason I like the Computer Car. The Observers some times do not 'see' what my driving problem is. I have been given segment times, but do not know what I am doing wrong.

The time invovled is much more than a regular session. One needs to allow time for a coaching session with an Observer/Test Driver at a PC to get the full benefit.

The cost is a huge factor. Individual coaching, instrumented cars, are a huge expense.

I still listen to the Observers. Bob Ziegel made a very good suggestion for me at Mont Tremblant, that I applied and saved myself half a second a lap. I did my Driving School at Tremblant in 1979. So twenty some years later, one can still improve from a good suggestion.