Thread: Race Series Results: LR Summer Series/MX-5 Race Weekend
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: LR Summer Series/MX-5 Race Weekend

Chris,

Bravo! Well said on all points. And thanks for the complement!

The good news is that we are still having fun and I just think we need to talk to the top people about this issue so we can continue to have the fun we crave with our good friends.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockRacer View Post
Harsha, It was so good to see you back out on track. I have no doubt that after a few more sessions you will back at speed challenging the kids up front again! To me the best part of the series is getting together with friends both old and new....

Daly it was good to see you back in the saddle as well after your brief interlude. Once again you proved your metal to get back up front after your injury.

Strelz, I appreciate your encouragement and kind words the last few races. I too love when we all get to dice on the track. You should be very proud of your ability to get up front most of the time.

CDH the video was amazing as usual. You really touched everyone that knew and loved Sid! Thank you.

Todd and the great Skippy Support team, thank you for a great weekend with limited resources and for taking the time and expense to memorialize our dear friend Sidney. It was a real tribute to a great man and his family! The after hours get together was real nice and brought back some of what we always had at the weekends. That is exactly what we need to bring back that we have been missing!

And too everyone else ...thank you for making last weekend such a great time!

The one thing we all have in common is our desire to see this series succeed so we can continue learning, racing and enjoying the experience and friendships we have developed through this contagious disease called racing! We have all been fortunate to have been a part of this series and the experiences it has provided. I for one do not want to see it continue to spiral in the wrong direction.

My observations on the condition of the cars is not something new nor something that I alone have noticed and am concerned about. After the last two race weekends it appears that not much is being done to correct the serious decline and appearance of the fleet. I have heard unsolicited commentary all around the track and off from racers, instructors, staff and guests on the issue and most everyone is afraid to speak on the subject for fear of being alienated or saying the wrong thing at the wrong time...

The week before our dear friend Sid passed away he was quite vociferous on this issue to many of us. As we all know Sid told it like he saw it. If you didn't agree that was fine but from my experience whatever he had to say was worth hearing and listening to. Take what you can from it, it was coming from the heart and from someone that cared and had been through the series at different capacities for over 25 years. Let's not let his voice leave with him. ( Give to the Sid Brenner Mechanics Fund ! And let your opinion be heard!)

It is obvious to me and others that the series is still very lucky to have some very dedicated staff at the management, instructor, mechanic, sales and support levels and that the series has a good core of very dedicated customers. The economics of the business are challenging particularly in the tough economy we have had over the last few years.... as a person who has been a loyal customer for over 11 years I certainly hope that the leadership has a plan to commit to the success of the series. It would be a damn shame to see it continue on the path it has been on for the last few years. The customer experience needs to improve in order for it to have any chance of success. This goes for any business. The need for newer, cleaner and safer equipment is a must. The staff has to be confident that they have the resources and manpower to do their job correctly and the faith that they will be rewarded for a job well done.

Some of the things that need to be done can be done pretty easily with out great costs, others will require more commitment to capital expenditures. I will end my twenty two cents on the issue with this last thought or question...

If on your next plane trip you got on board and pulled the table tray down to find it was dirty with food and drink stains, and maybe the tray fell askew from the track....how would you feel as a customer? What else would you question about the airline?