View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006
Marketing Wonk
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Round #3 - '06 Fantasy F1 @ Australia - Picks are due Friday Mar 31 10:00PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AFTER MALAYSIA “BRAKE CHECK”, TEAM JIMARDI LOOKS TO DRAFT BACK TO THE FRONT

For the second week in a row, Team Jimardi finds itself the victim of bad karma, as its picks for the Malaysian Grand Prix failed to produce.

“Figures,” groused team principle Jimal Temus, “I pick Fisichella in Bahrain, and he parks it half way through. I pick Alonso for Malaysia, and Fisichella wins.”

”Similar thing can be said about Michael Schumacher. You think Ferrari has turned the corner, then BAM, back to his 2005 form.”

For the next round of the FIA Formula One World Championship, to be contested at the Albert Park Circuit in Melbourne, Team Jimardi is going to go more conservative with his picks.

“For the “A Group”, I just have a feeling that 1) Alonso is still on a tear, and 2) Kimi Räikkönen is due for some good luck. For my “B Group” picks, I’m going with Jenson Button, as Rubens seems to be stuck on left-foot braking, and David “The Swordsman” Coulthard. My team pick will be Honda.”

And does Jimal think this picks will pan out?

“Sooner or later, if out of nothing more than dumb luck, we’re going to get a result. That being said, my picks are likely dooming these drivers to engine changes and 10 grid spot penalties”

Team Jimardi struggles with the “107% rule” from its 2-car garage “headquarters” in Bristol, Conn.

###