Thread: Skippy Prototype Car ('05-'07): Skippy Components Survey #6 of 8 - IN-CAR VIDEO
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: Skippy Components Survey #6 of 8 - IN-CAR VIDEO

Mike Marino's Service is invaluable in that you do not have to worry about a thing other then getting your self in the car and look out down the track. Mike tries real hard to help and is great to deal with.

I bought my own system this year as I couldnt always get a Helix Camera and wanted to record more practice etc to learn. While I still use it on occassion I recommend Mike's service more than not.

My new camera set up cost me a race when it wasn't properly strapped on and I got black flagged.

The most important thing for me is the learning aspect. Each time I come home I can see where I could have done better and where I was getting better.

As far as the evidence for crash damage, fault etc. I think the learning aspect of seeing whether you were the bonehead that caused the incident or whether it was someone else is invaluable. Things happen fast and even our very capable and talented instructors miss what happens at times.

Mike and I experimented with front and rear cameras at LRP last month. He did a great job of inserting a picture in picture with the rear video picture in the area of the rear view mirror in the video. It is awesome. You can see all the action coming from behind as well as ahead. Next time we are going to be inserting the audio channel from the race commentary. This will make the video even more entertaining as well as a great tool for learning.

And Al, that Damn Clevis Pin problem is back again? I thought they threw out all the bad pins when we had the problem this past summer in the East. WHats up with that?