View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Anyone had any experience with the defNder™ Neck Protection device? (First post h

I'm not opposed to building a better mouse trap but everyone who attempts to enter the market has to compare themselves to and claim superiority over the HANS because HANS has established themselves as the standard of the industry. Safety is a lucrative and competitive business. The simple elegance of the HANS device is hard to beat. Not saying it can't be done but it won't be easy.

Safe bet the Defender is the official Jetta TDI Cup device because they are either paying VW sponsorship money and/or giving or discounting the devices to the competitors. Anything for credibility and exposure. Just good marketiing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
I'm not an Isaac 'fan' and not a HANS basher as I currently race with a HANS. However HANS does have some areas where improvements could be made IMO and it appears that others have worked on those areas.