View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: Announching the NEW National Schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Bastien View Post
Paul: Will be at Sebring in February for father and son week-end. Always a great event. I'll make sure I am in Pat's group and beat the hell out of him. Not quite sure about the rest of the year. Most likely a few Star Mazda races in the summer. The cars are fantastic; the venues this year are awful, all Indycar stuff. I hope i'll see you at Sebring or maybe Lime Rock this summer.

Hi Dom - how are you?

I am sorry for the thread hijack but wanted to ask you about the experience in a star mazda. How do you like it? Obviously it is a lot more money, but is it worth it?

I watched ya on hd net - which was fun, but i agree the tracks suck compared to the skippy tracks.

btw: I recently did my first conti/grand am race with skippy's mike miller as my co driver - it was amazing and i am hoping that they will show my car a few times on speeds coverage tomorrow. I hope to do some more racing with grand am in the future.

I have to say, that even though there are many things i loved about the grand am weekend, skippy does have several things on grand am as well. I was thinking of writing up my sb vs grand am thoughts at some point.

Anyway, back to the original thread- the sb cars - esp the open wheel cars urgently need TLA and i hope money is plowed into the suspension, safety and other core car components. A respected member of my porsche board recently had a terrible experience with SB and canceled his first race weekend after testing resulted in numerous issues.

I hope all is well to all.
Greg