Thread: Sebring Weekend
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: Sebring Weekend

I was testing my brake point into 10 and got lock up. Instead of grenading the tires I rolled down the short escape road and turned onto the grass to cross back to the track. Hit the gas and thought the wheels were spinning on the grass but the CV joint was gone. So no, it didn't happen under acceleration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso
OK, now I'm really curious. Are the CVJ's breaking under acceleration?
The rear wing modification has been nick named the "Hampster Device" a variation on the Hansford Device it is based on. The double rear wings on the back of the car are about 3 inches apart and there is a 3 inch wide strip of alluminum pop rivited across the back of the two wings to seal up that gap. As modifications go this one is as cheap as it gets.

The net affect is drag that slow's the cars top speed a slight bit and also allows cars behind to pick up the draft sooner while two cars working together as a train are able to catch and pass with impunity.

You almost don't notice the lack in top speed and the benefits in drafting make the racing much more fun. (Unless you're the one being swallowed up..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie
Rear wing? How different is it? Any change to the front wings? (And do they still cost an arm and a leg to repair?)