View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Re: 2011 Skip Barber Summer Regional Race Series Schedule

Drove at the Road America National last summer and the slicks are wonderful. More grip for cornering, shorter stopping distances and they give up gradually enough that you feel it coming. Very predictable. The car feels more responsive and racy. Very satisfying.

Nobody drives in the rain on slick tires. (Except karters ) There will be a full set of the treaded tires mounted on wheels and if it rains or rain is likely they will put on the treads. I'm told the regional and national combined events will share cars. That's why they can't do the slicks just for the Nationals. It'll be fun for long time regional drivers (like myself) to drive the slicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
I am sure we will all be a little confused at first but our stellar Skippy training will have us loving the slicks once we get used to them. I am truly looking forward to finding out how they feel compared to the treads. King Pat or some of the other experienced drivers might give us a little advice. Do the national drivers race on slicks in the rain?... getting more excited by the day as we get closer to VIR...Ok, calm down , it's a long way off.