View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Re: Mid-Ohio Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
Harsha's "Wheel of Fortune" is what did him in on Friday night...I can only assume you spin that wheel in your head and that is where the hideous combinations come from.
I call it the "Jager Chakra." Just needs a little fine-tuning, that's all. A little rusty from years of disuse. Sometimes test days go bad.
Quote:
Let me tell you, it is not genetic predisposition that doomed you to the catatonic Krispie Kream sojourn in the wee hours on Saturday.
In retrospect, had I doubled the Krispy Kreme dose and washed it down with a gallon of Gatorade, things might have been different on Saturday. I would have done my Don Van on I-71 BEFORE the toxins were fully absorbed. Now I understand the technique.
Quote:
You no doubt cannot recall my horror when you ordered up the vodka martini with triple olives after the first Jager bombs had already dropped.
oh no, I can recall. The expression on your face was priceless. I can blame no one else for that one. By the way it was Tanqueray. Maybe I would have been better off with vodka. And no olives. See, your good choices are instinctual. Or else based on multiple personal test days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donv
That was the problem....if you had released those evil toxins track side like i did, you may have gone from the back to p-3 too.
somehow the idea of carrying all those aromatic hydrocarbons in my sinuses for the next 3 days just did not appeal to me, Don ol' buddy. Although if I'd have then hurled AGAIN in the trophy on the podium, that might have been cool...and then I would've gotten my own hurl named after me

Quote:
Racing in group 4 was fantastic. Duerson kicked all our butts in impressive style AND set the Skippy track record for treaded tires on Saturday! Lindsey, Zack and I all got the Champ Group podium monkey off our backs and had serious fun racing together.
The worst part of my Saturday zombfunk was that I missed out on enjoying the racing with you guys. It 's kind of hard when the mental soundtrack is "..ok, good draft, wait on it..ewww, that tastes awful!..now, pop--now, now! hard brake!...oh man, don't hurl!...downshift, release! release!..uhhhhh... man my head hurts...where is he? don't let him squeeze you...don't hurl don't hurl....now! release and turn in..where is he? on the gas..oh shit... here comes Turn 8 and I gotta turn hard the OTHER way? he's got his nose in, turn in, turn in! oh God this is awful... sliding UP the hill...sliding DOWN the hill...DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT HURL.

Congratulations to all you guys and gals for BRINGING IT and finishing up front. I did have fun with Mark and Marc between waves of nausea-- good, clean, aggressive racing. Thank you Mark F. for giving me the position the easy way. Turned some pretty good laptimes, now I just gotta finish.

Kudos to Marc Abernethy for ignoring all the hardware incentives to stay in Sportsman and moving up LIKE A MAN. The guy was turning mid-37s on his FIRST weekend in Champ and drove like he'd been there for months. Until, of course, I inevitably passed him.
Quote:
and will soon have the video to prove it.
be careful what you wish for. video evidence can be crushing to one's smacktalkability. "No, no, no, that's not how it happened!....(long pause)....Huh."

The great thing about racing is that every event is a new day. At Road America, I'm locking the Jager chakra in the basement. A shot of Jager for the sake of tradition and then IT'S ON.

Hamsters and podium monkeys. We're developing quite a menagerie.