View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Mechanics Fund-ACT NOW

I had suggested in the SBRS poll they sent out at the end of last years MW series, that they set up a Mechanic's Fund Trust, and as drivers signed up for the races and received their confirmation, that a simple letter and 'return coupon' be included offering the opportunity to return it with a contribution with an appropiate amount, with options, suggested. I got the feeling that SBRS wants to distance themselves from this fund raising effort and feels that it may be more appropiate if it came from a grassroots drive among the drivers.
I thought that with the establishment of the Mechanic's Fund Trust, SBRS would find it simple to avoid any comingling of money and would be a simple admin task of depositing the serarate checks made out to the fund.
Someone must be trustee of the fund in order to make the distributions. If Sid, Martin, Jeff or any of the people who put so much effort and their own time into raising money for the mechanics think this is the way to go ( or not) lets hear from them, I can see that it might make their self assummed work load easier We can still have the sale of merchandise and auctions, which I believe everyone looks forward to, and a little report on how the 'coupons' are being received.