Thread: Sebring Weekend
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: Sebring Weekend

Truly a great weekend. Harsha, Congrats on your first Win! You should be so very proud to do this in a realitively short time. Nick S took 2 3rds to add to his point standings and challenged quite handily for stronger spots. My support to DD and Leland for the challenges they faced that caused them to not finish in the races. The mix would have been different had they been able to dice it up with us.

DD is modest and is not telling that his lap times in Qualifying and practice were a good 2-3 seconds faster in the dry that the top runners. He is doing a fantastic job! I understand he won late in the day yesterday in his make up race. Congrats!

The race in the wet yesterday was awesome. Harsha's description was spot on. We were all challenging for the lead in places where standing water and water not readily visible to the eye caused some skippy drifting! Somehow I stole a win yesterday and a P-3 on Saturday. Who would have thunk it?

The Hamster device has changed the way we race in the long straight aways. The huge sucking sound you hear and feel is not the sound of your brain leaving your helmet...but then again maybe it is!