Thread: 3 Day School Decisions Decisions
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: Decisions Decisions

The rollbar mount worked great Rosso. No worries on the late reply. The 3 day at Sebring was just amazing. It more than eceeded my expectations and the way that Skip Barber teaches and runs things is just the absolute best way it can be done. The improvement from the first stop box sessiions to the final two unlimited RPM lapping sessions was amazing. I'm hooked and even though I felt like someone beat me with a ball bat after three days, I'm ready for the two day advanced class later this year. I cannot say enough about my instructors. Peter Argetsinger and Bruce MacInnes have so much winning race experience and decades of knowledge to share. Doppler Dave and young Nick Andries are extremely knowledgable about racing and winning in the Skippy Formula Cars and did an excellent job as well. Big thanks to Steve Debrecht for running the entire show smoothly and without any significant incidents

I loved the Sebring Modified Circuit. Turns 2 and 3 were my favorite part of the track and I was best on the rythm section of turns 4 through 6 and off of 7. I started out as a dirty rotten sleazeball early apexer and I believe we damn near got that fixed by the end of the school. Four days later, I am still on cloud 9 and am so happy that I took the plunge. My goal is just to race a couple of times per year in the summer or winter series and hit the occasional lapping day at different tracks.

The Indycar series was running the test circuit all three days we were there and that was an added bonus to go watch the best in american open wheel series driving go at it after class was over each day. I'll get a couple pics uploaded later and some more once my photo package pics are available. Do any of you know if there could possibly be any more 2 Day Advanced dates added to the schedule later? As of right now I can do Lime Rock in July/September or Road Atlanta in November. I would also like thoughts on the Advanced Car Control class.