View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: To Sportsman or Not To Sportsman

[quote=TomBobN20]Some great ideas coming in on this thread. First I would like to say it is great to see the Skippy guys back on Team Juicy. Considering the fact that this has been Verbotten in the past thanks to the corporate guys for opening TJ up to your staff.

THERE HASN'T BEEN A PROSCRIPTION ON PARTICIPATION - AT LEAST SEVERAL STAFFERS HAVE JOINED IN WHEN THEY HAD THINGS TO SAY, PERHAPS GUARDEDLY.

I like the changes being considered between Champ and Sportsman groups. I do agree with Todd that there should only be 1 Champ group. I think it would be very strange to have 2 people in one weekend receiving first place points. It is inevitable that one will feel like his or her race was the tougher group and the other group did not deserve as many points.

DON'T REMEMBER THIS AS A PROBLEM WHEN ALL GROUPS HAD EQUAL SCORING AS IT EVENED OUT OVER THE SEASON.

I also feel like there has to be a bit of discretion on the part of the instructors when a Sportsman is ready to move up. I think the ability to race in the Champ group should be considered before they are given the green light to insure that, not only are they fast, but that they are ready for the move without causing problems for the Champ group.

NOW WE QUALIFY AND THAT ESTABLISHES A REASONABLE STARTING GRID. WITH THE PREVIOUS METHOD, SEASON POINTS DETERMINED THE STARTING GRID, WHICH ACTED LIKE QUALIFYING.