Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Skippy Forums Links and Downloads Manager > Skip Barber Instructor Directory

Skip Barber Instructor Directory
If you are an instructor, please post your bio by clicking on the 'add entry' link above, or here.

Stuff, Links and Downloads
  Keith Watts Left click: open entry/Right click: save entry

To see pictures of this instructor in action, click here.

-Number of years racing: I have been racing for 22 years as of March - (logged over 1,000 starts, finishing in 90%, over 100 wins)

-Number of years with Skip Barber: 9, Since 1997

-What you did before racing and instructing? I have never had a job, I went from racing Karts for a living through high school, to a year full ride in Canada FF 2000, then ... well... I started at Skippyland)

-My favorite tracks have to be in order: Watkins,RA,Sebring,Moroso, Laguna..... and Bristol when they put dirt on it for 2 years straight.

-Favorite moments: It would have to be winning the 1994 WKA karting championship over Casey Atwood,Sam Hornish,Sarah Fisher, Danica Patrick,Matt Sielski , and Brian Jacobson...
AND , of course pulvarizing F1 driver Antonio Pizzonia in 4 of 4 skippy races in 1997? Did I mention I crushed Antonio?

-Fun cars raced- It would have to a Skippy School car(B-1 back then), and still one of my favorite cars to drive just because. Dirt Late models are very hard core racing and very thrilling to drive well.I have raced in just about everything from FF 2000 Pro to Barber Dodge Pro. The scariest car I like to drive is the McLaren 8F I drive for a customer... Yikes...

-Racer Heros- This is a no brainer, Senna for F1, Al jr. for CART, Tim Richmond for Nascar. Tim maybe one of the best ever at any type.. we'll never know.

-Student Standouts- Honestly.... Marco Andretti. I was lead on his 3 day in Savannah.... He was the real deal then... without a doubt. Paul Arnold is better than he is... I really think Paul is the best over 40 racer that has ever raced at SBRS.
And for my military training I do with the Army, almost getting squashed by 60 Ton Abrams tank while riding on a skid pad..... DOHH!

-The best thing about being Skip Instr: Very simple.. Teaching somebody else something that I have lived for since I was 7 years old. If I can't be pro racing somewhere, Let me teach you how to find yourself in this wonderful sport. To watch you all smile is almost enough pay.

-Funniest student thing- I went 4 off in Canada corner(was doing a 2 Day Advanced) after the whole entire group mooned me . What a bunch of great guys(up until then).

-Dumbest student thing- A guy put the crotch strap through the wheel and got lockup and couldnt turn after a whole straight(VIR South pit out) and actually got it to 4th gear. No harm once we flew him back to the track from a cross country 4 off.

-What would I have done if not an instructor? I would have been a pixie dust spreader on a tilt-A-whirl.

-Hobbies? My father in law and my wife(Mel) do a lot of track time in Race Vipers and SRT4 racers. I also very much enjoy flying R/C planes. Some as large as 35% scale. I would like to be able to afford a private license in real planes someday. That would make my world. I am really into weapons and things that destroy other things... Bazookas, Hand Grenades, etc.

-Fast Fact- Senna was nearly world champion in F3A Pattern RC airplanes with coach Hanno Prettner, one year.

Category Skip Barber Instructor Directory 

Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by Mopar92 Find all entries from this user
07-24-2006
49.53 Kbytes

Category