Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Skippy Forums Links and Downloads Manager > Skip Barber Instructor Directory

Skip Barber Instructor Directory
If you are an instructor, please post your bio by clicking on the 'add entry' link above, or here.

Stuff, Links and Downloads
  Randy Buck Left click: open entry/Right click: save entry

-Number of years with Skip Barber: 17, although I can't believe it sometimes..

-What you did before racing and instructing? At one point in my life I thought I was going to be a computer programmer.. And that was after my childhood dream of being a Veterinarian turned out to be "too much work.." Not sure how Pit Lane guy for the National Championship group somehow comes out as "OK," when being a Vet seems like "too much work.." Like most of us, maybe I need my head examined!

- Favorite places on my "haven't been there yet" list: Monaco F1 race (every few years it actually occurs on my birthday.. How cool would that be!!!) and Le Mans for the 24 hours. (Steve McQueen is my hero!)

-Favorite moments: Besides the time spent with my family (watching both my kids being born has to rank right up there with the best in the world!), almost every program I work with all of the instructors, mechanics, staff and students/racers at SBRS.. No that's not a sappy, kiss ass, meant to suck up to someone statement, it's the truth! I know it isn't "the money.."

-Student Standouts: The woman I taught at Sears Point back in the mid 90's who (after being totally "mid-pack" throughout most of the school) got passed by the "hot shot guy" of the school and then proceeded to follow right behind him until he spun "trying to loose her!" I still laugh at the thought to this day!

-Silliest question ever asked by a student: “Which one of you is the fastest instructor?”

-Proudest moment working at Skip Barber: Besides graduating “the worst student in the class” every school and knowing that I made a real difference in their ability to drive a car safely and competently, it would have to be participating in the Peter Danon scam at Road America!

-Hobbies? Bicycles, skiing, and windsurfing. I learned years ago, that if there's no real chance that I could possibly get hurt doing it, then I won't really enjoy it for any length of time.. I still find it amazing that after I told my wife that, she didn't leave me right away..

-Disclaimers: No Kel Dog, I have never dyed my hair to get rid of the grey. Yes Rich, I’m a liberal and proud of it (not really a “disclaimer,” but I just had to say it). While I might be willing to room with Stevie, Walt, or Carl at any given time “for the team,” that doesn’t mean I actually expect to get any sleep. After raising two kids, it just means that I can get by without much of it.. (Someday Bobo you’ll figure that out..) For those of you that haven’t figured it out yet, being 3,000 miles away from the “center of the universe” is the only thing that makes it all work out year after year..

Enjoy life everyday (what the hell else is there to do)!

Randy

Category Skip Barber Instructor Directory 

Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by RCGRLman Find all entries from this user
06-27-2006
49.97 Kbytes

Category