Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Skippy Forums Links and Downloads Manager > Skip Barber Instructor Directory

Skip Barber Instructor Directory
If you are an instructor, please post your bio by clicking on the 'add entry' link above, or here.

Stuff, Links and Downloads
  Don Kutschall - aka Dancin' Don Left click: open entry/Right click: save entry

Number of years racing: I won my first trophies in Karts in 1959 and still have the first two trophies.

-Number of years with Skip Barber: First invoice dated 1990. I did work as a part time mechanic in 1988 when I ran the Mid West Series.

-What you did before racing and instructing? I raced Karts from 1959-68 but with very limited funding could not continue immediately. I was drawn to the arts and became a contemporary dancer, performed for 18 years, and a Professor of Dance at Buffalo State College for 20. My last performance was in Tokoyo in 1992.

-Favorite tracks? (In order of preference) Mont Tremblant, Mid Ohio (home track), WGI, RA, Sebring 12 hr.

-Favorite track moments and/or achievements as a racer? Rookie of the Year in SBRS Midwest Series and SCCA WNY in 1988. P2 in class at Mosport in Speedvision 24 hr race (with Pierre Kleininbing) 1997. P2 in class at Sears Pt (with Pierre) in 1997.

-What series and or types of cars have you raced and when? Karts, FF, F2000, Firehawk and it various iterations. 1959-68 and 1988-98.

-Of the cars you’ve raced, what’s your favorite and why? Formula cars have always been my favorite. They are the purest form of the sport. The Honda Prelude was very forgiving and fun. The Barber Saab car which I only got to test--funding expired-- was difficult but rewarding to drive.

-Racers who inspired you when you were coming up and racers who inspire you now? Fangio, Clark, Mario, Prost, Mears, Donahue. Alonso, Shuey, JPM when his head is in the game.

-Students who have impressed you most as you watched them grow as drivers? John Edwards, AJ Allmendinger, Marco, Scott Speed, Ryan Hunter Reay, Chris Wilcox, Craig Duerson. That's just the short list!

-The best thing about being a Skip Barber instructor? Going to work at a race track. Meeting all the curious and disparate people to gather to do this sport.

-The funniest and/or dumbest thing you’ve seen a student do? When instructed by Bruce that "if you drop wheels straighten your hands," a student dropped left side wheels off exiting LR turn 4 and kept hands straight until she drove into the guard rail!!

-If you hadn’t become a racer and instructor what would you have done? Continued teaching at Buffalo State College and/or opened a wine shop!

Category Skip Barber Instructor Directory 

Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by DancinDon Find all entries from this user
07-05-2006
68.67 Kbytes

Category