Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Skippy Forums Links and Downloads Manager > Skip Barber Instructor Directory

Skip Barber Instructor Directory
If you are an instructor, please post your bio by clicking on the 'add entry' link above, or here.

Stuff, Links and Downloads
  Bob Ziegel Left click: open entry/Right click: save entry

AKA - BillyBob

-Number of years racing:44

-Number of years with Skip Barber: 30 - 1 Overall Championship, Three Masters Championships, 100+ wins, 300+ podiums, 15+seasons in top 3. 20+ years instructing.

-What you did before racing and instructing? Successful career in High-Tech News Publishing - Computerworld, PC WEEK, Magazine Week, Biotechnology Week (OK, not all of them were successful), Computer Design and Portable Design.

-Favorite tracks? (In order of preference: ) Bridgehampton(RIP), Bryar (RIP-now NHIS), Watkins, Road America, Thompson 2 mile course (CT), Road Atlanta (with dip), VIR, Mt Tremblant, Laguna, Old Sears Point, Big Sebring 12hour course (5.2 mi), Mid-O, Lime Rock.

-Favorite track moments and/or achievements as a racer? Pole at the Runoffs in 1967 in my MGA vs Bob Sharp (Factory Datsun), finishing the Cannonball, Racing with my friends in SBRS for 20+ years.....group hugs!

-What series and or types of cars have you raced and when? MGA (1961-67), Triumph Spitfire(67-68), Crossle FF (1969-70), Caldwell FSV (1970), All Skippy cars (1976-2006), BMW M-1 (Sebring 1982). Last Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash Porsche in a red 930 Turbo in 1979 (- still hold the Porsche record at 37h 25m)

-Of the cars you’ve raced, what’s your favorite and why? The FF years in SBRS rewarded smoothness, drafting and the ability to think in the car...strategic and tactical racing at it's best.

-Racers who inspired you when you were coming up and racers who inspire you now?

Then - Gurney, Moss, Fangio, Donahue, Clark.

Now - Almendinger, Memo Gidley, Mark Martin, Kenny Schrader, Tony Stewart.

-Students who have impressed you most as you watched them grow as drivers? Chris Wilcox, Josh Rhem, Peter Ludwig (finally), Marco Andretti, Ernesto Viso, . Many others...SBRS is a great system, those who stay long enough achieve real competence.

-The best thing about being a Skip Barber instructor? Sharing much of what I have learned about racing. Seeing the joy of winning on so many new faces.

-The funniest and/or dumbest thing you’ve seen a student do? (Don’t limit yourself to one if several apply :-). No names (you know who you are)...tearing a corner off a car exiting the pits, hitting the guardrail opposite pit out in the wet at Lime Rock.

-If you hadn’t become a racer and instructor what would you have done? Probably been much more successful in business.

-Anything else you'd like us to know about you? Given a little seat time, I can still beat most of you.

Category Skip Barber Instructor Directory 

Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by Racing Yoda Find all entries from this user
08-04-2006
19.29 Kbytes

Category