Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Skippy Forums Links and Downloads Manager > Skip Barber Instructor Directory

Skip Barber Instructor Directory
If you are an instructor, please post your bio by clicking on the 'add entry' link above, or here.

Stuff, Links and Downloads
  Jim Pace Left click: open entry/Right click: save entry

To see pictures of this instructor in action, click here.

Years racing: 20 yrs

Years with Skip Barber: 20yrs (1987)

Before racing and instructing? Med School and dream of Racing

Favorite tracks? Bridgehampton, Road America, Mont Tremblant, WGI

Favorite track moments? Winning Sebring 12 overall when my brother won the GT class. Both of us in Victory Lane at Sebring! Great moment.

Cars raced? Dirt ovals, Desert trucks, Karts on ice, Skippy formula cars, Street Stock sedans, GT sportscars, Prototype Sports cars, Since 1987.

Favorite racecar and why? 1996 Riley & Scott mark III WSC Prototype WINNING Daytona, Sebring and driving at LeMans for the factory. Helped to win Driver, Tire and Manufactuer Championships. A great season!

Racers who inspired you when you were coming up and racers who inspire you now? Rick Mears

Impressive Students? Jeff Gordon, Jerry Nadeau, AJ Almendinger, Jon Edwards but also everyone that applies themself and really tries to improve.

The best thing about being a Skip Barber instructor? Being able to share the passion for the sport with a great group of customers and staff. Seeing drivers improve and what that means to them.

The funniest thing for a student do? What a list! Nothing surprises me. Driving into the wall in the first 30 seconds in the car at Sebring (Rudy). Crashing through a chain link fence which held the car like a giant spider web in IRP, again first three minutes in the car. Guy crashed into a guardrail in a 1st gear slalom exercise at Road Atlanta while his wife video taped all the things he did wrong and when he denied them she said "Oh no honey here is what you did!" We had to cut the chassis apart to get him out...The list gets better over dinner!

Life without Racing? I would have been very unhappy!

Anything else? I love working for Skippy! And as Stevie D says "it's a great life if you can afford to work here".

Category Skip Barber Instructor Directory 

Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by Jim Pace Find all entries from this user
07-24-2006
69.93 Kbytes

Category