Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Skippy Forums Links and Downloads Manager > Skip Barber Instructor Directory
Categories   2.3.0

Skip Barber Instructor Directory
If you are an instructor, please post your bio by clicking on the 'add entry' link above, or here.

Stuff, Links and Downloads
Carl Lopez

-Started by watching " Jalopy Races" on TV when I was 6, then building a kart at age 9 after having the privelidge of learning to arc-weld in shop class. (Family lawn mower became a pusher) Luckily, had 6 other kids doing the same, so learned to compete in the building and driving game.

-Drag raced through high school and the sixties, then got turned on to cornering force with sports cars like TR-3 's, TVR's Camaros, etc.

-Engineering training in College along with Journalism, resulting in a 10 year undergraduate stint at the proper time in U.S. history.

-Memorized all the words to "Alice's Restaurant", built houses and, after my first retirement, gravitated back to road-racing racecars where I settled, in and out of the office, for the last 30 years.

-Wrote a book on Road Racing Technique based on all the best advice from dozens of drivers/friends who have proven to be the fastest and most successful in the sport. (editor: 'Wrote a book' is the understatement of the year... it's more like he wrote the book on Road Racing Technique)

-Lessons learned.... Can't take all of this too seriously. The older I get the faster I was.

To buy Carl Lopez' Going Faster! Mastering the Art of Race Driving.... Click Here.

Category Skip Barber Instructor Directory 

Suggest other entries I might like
Submitted by Carl Lopez Find all entries from this user
07-24-2006

Category