PDA

View Full Version : Intro

StuartG
10-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Greetings,
Just signed up for 3-day racing school in May '11 and plan to take 2-day advanced school in June. I've been away from racing way too long -- autocrossed in SCCA for several years in mid-80's, flag & com for many road races (incl. LBGP CART), and have always been serious F1 enthusiast. Also planning to test drive F3 and F1 at Circuit du Var in France in early June. As far as future plans... who knows? $ permitting, maybe rent-a-ride in local events at Portland Intl Raceway.

Cheers

-Stuart-

dalyduo
10-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard Stuart... I'd say you're in the right place... Are you signed up at Laguna for your 3 & 2-day schools and have you considered running in the Skip Barber regional series?

Pat

StuartG
10-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi.. yes, signed up for SBRS 3-day at Laguna Seca -- planning on the 2-day as well. I'd love to race in the regional series, but I don't think time and money wiill allow. It would be nice to maintain an SCCA license though and be able to race from time to time.

Cheers,

-Stuart-

dalyduo
10-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Your three and two day should qualify you for an SCCA competitions license but you may find the SB race series a more economical way to race once in a while with limited crash damage liability, spare cars and feedback from multiple corners after every session you're on track.
Either way good luck at Laguna. The instructors there are top notch as the location is active year round.
Pat

Hi.. yes, signed up for SBRS 3-day at Laguna Seca -- planning on the 2-day as well. I'd love to race in the regional series, but I don't think time and money wiill allow. It would be nice to maintain an SCCA license though and be able to race from time to time.

Cheers,

-Stuart-

cdh
10-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Howdy Stuart

Now the tough part is The Waiting for May http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gif - so much fun

A friend who no longer hangs around here did the F3 / F1 Circuit du Var thrill ride, here's a thread about it (http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660), may be some dated info but there's some amusing insight into what it was like....one of the things on my wish list :D

Pls ask any questions you have about the schools or series, you can search old threads also, lots of info here, glad to have ya

CDH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItLzdZV004s

StuartG
10-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi CDH,
Thanks for the link to the thread on Circuit du Var... yes, that's the place. Signed up for early June, just after Monaco GP -- where wife and I will be staying and watching the GP from a "relatively" small yacht in the harbour :), backed up to the short stretch after Nouvelle Chicane, turns 10/11. Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime sort of trip for us non-millionaires! As far as the hands-on racing, I plan to do the 15 laps in F3 in morning, 5 laps in afternoon in F1 ... although, might sign up for a few more F1 laps if I can afford it. Hmm... second mortgage?

I think the SB 3-day school prior to the trip should help me get the most from the driving experience in France. Btw, did the Exotics Racing track day at Vegas Speedway last March -- I can highly recommend that to all driving and racing enthusiasts! Drove Lambo Gallardo and Audi R8 -- wife drove Aston Martin Vantage and Ferrari F430.

Cheers!

-Stuart-

:woot-eek1:<< me in F1 during laps :woot: << me in F1 entering pits after laps