PDA

View Full Version : Points all around!

Jimal Temus
05-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Yahoo! I finally get all my pretenders to the Formula Schumacher crown to finish in the points. Don't fall of the Jenson Button bandwagon just yet; all this weekend proves is that in Formula Schumacher you finsh where you start. Unless you're lapping Zsolt Baumgartner, all passing is done in the pits...:bigcry:

MJAmok
05-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Dang, this is getting really dull isn't it? I mean watching the Sportsman group at VIR was more exciting, and all I could see was the front straight before they disappeared for another 3 minutes.

At one point my mother-in-law switched channels to Lawn and Garden, and I hardly noticed.

Can't we switch to something more exciting like Pro Bowling or Submarine racing??

Jimal Temus
05-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Believe it or not, it SEEMS to be getting better. In the not so distant past, the race was exciting until the lights turned off. Schumacher would get the jump at the start, and unless untoward happened in Turn 1, he was off and it was game over. The last few races, at least someone else has been leading coming out of Turn 1, and the race is at least somewhat interesting until the first pit stop. Then invariably Schumacher puts in some flyer in laps, the team puts together a flawless stop, then a few flyer out laps puts the race away.

birkmama
05-10-2004, 04:37 PM
You think this was boring? You ain't seen nothing yet. Here is my statistical irrelevant and insignificant prediction for the Monaco GP:

2 DNFs - 1 Minardi and 1 Jordan (I dare being optimistic for the Bavarians for obvious reasons)
0 Lead changes
0 Passes on the track (for the last 12 years that will add up to an impressive, him let me quickly punch in the numbers....ahh "0")
1 - F'd up pit stop (hopes are for the Benz-guys, stats are favoring Bimmer)
2 hrs of time waste
Let us hope for some good scenery shots in the pre-race show. It is not called Monte Carlo for nothing.
:( :(

Jimal Temus
05-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Your scenery comment reminded me of back when ESPN was showing the international feed for the Formula One races several years ago. They come back from commercial with a shot of one of the yachts in the harbor there in Monte Carlo, just as a topless woman sat up on the deck. After a couple seconds of awkward silence, Varsha said something like "Whoops? Sorry about that. We get the international feed." or something to that effect. Funny stuff.

birkmama
05-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Ahhh, the man has a good memory. Just for the records: it was you who brought it up. But since Ms. Jackson felt the need to 'malfunction' in January, I am sure that now even F1 events are not broadcast uncensored anymore. So don't keep your hopes up. A walk with the dogs is healthier anyway...

birkmama
05-23-2004, 05:16 PM
You think this was boring? You ain't seen nothing yet. Here is my statistical irrelevant and insignificant prediction for the Monaco GP:

2 DNFs - 1 Minardi and 1 Jordan (I dare being optimistic for the Bavarians for obvious reasons) WRONG
0 Lead changes WRONG
0 Passes on the track (for the last 12 years that will add up to an impressive, him let me quickly punch in the numbers....ahh "0") WRONG
1 - F'd up pit stop (hopes are for the Benz-guys, stats are favoring Bimmer) WRONG
2 hrs of time waste WRONG
Let us hope for some good scenery shots in the pre-race show. It is not called Monte Carlo for nothing.
:( :(
BEWARE OF THE GERMAN!! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT

macdod
05-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Hellooooo,

Were we watching the same race?

Best start of the year? SATO (That was a pass Martin!)

Coolest impersonation of a wind tunnel? SATO again

Worst case of Red Mist this year? Alonso

A mistake by the machine? Michael in the tunnel

Least likely guy to apoligize? Juan Pablo...but he did

An the Italian connections? Fisi Flips, local boy Jarno wins, 116 races and now his first Grand Prix? Holy shit guys!

Best imatation of a Schumacher in the post race press conference? Jarno "I was contolling the whole situation.." Tulli

Living example of having your cake and eating it too? Flavio