PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Malaysian GP Fantasy Competition - Results & Review

sydude
03-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Juicy Jules wins this week's competition with a great set of picks, and Jisu and Donald keep the top two spots respectively with a solid set. This week's points review will follow this evening.

Here are the standings and results (Weeks 1 & 2 - Winning Scores in Bold):

juicyjules
03-22-2005, 09:51 AM
:gold:
I would love to do the honors for the race review, but my beloved has been zelously chomping at the bit to lay into all you unfortunate souls. So, since he is better at ripping than I am, I am handing it over to the "dude"
- so he-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-ere's SySy! :cool:

sydude
03-22-2005, 10:19 AM
So it's time for week 2's review, and this time I won't take it so easy on the guys. Jisu was waaaaaay too nice last week, and MacDod spared almost all of you.

WINNERS

Juicy Jules - With a killer set of picks, JJ vaults herself into 4th place, all the way up from 18th last weekend.

Team Duo - Our literary mute put together the 2nd best set of picks and is now in third. Niiiiiice. No long acceptance speeches needed, Pat, thank you very much. The academy has accepted your prize on your behalf ;)

Sydude - I was choking down there in 20th place, thank god my picks worked. Tied for 8th now with Tom. I've signaled my march to the top...

Shadowfax - MacDod put together another solid performance, and gained another point on the leader.

Team Cannabis & Team Boars Head Willie - Both Jisu and Bill scored a solid 32 points, Jisu maintaining a now tightly challenged lead, and Pork Chop moving up from 18th to 12th.

Team Tomahawk - With 29 points this week, he moves up from 14th to 8th.

Honorable mentions also to Team Badger (way to go Sid & the Kids) and Ray, who are both now tied for 6th place, and moved from 10th and from 9th, respectively. Gee, Michael Gomez, you picked well too but alas your first week's picks sucked, so you went no where... :p:

Team SwingOnIt2 - With ZERO points, Chase Patzer has obviously shown all you bozos where you're priorities really should be. He missed all of his picks because he's too busy partying at school and messing around with girls, so he gets in the winner's column.

Team John Maye I Drive Your Car - With the lowest non-zero score, your picks obviously sucked big time. But hey, what a car!

LOSERS (my favorite part)

GMan - With a useless 12 points, Gary obviously used his Sebring Hand to make this week's picks, choosing last year's Michael Scumacher and last year's Ferrari. Gary threw himself off the cliff, from 3rd to 11th.

JCraige - With the second lowest (non zero) score in the group, JCraige went from 11th to 19th with an unlucky set of picks (Kimi, Webber, Fisi, Ferrari). As they say, it's better to be lucky than good.

MPowa - Maurice almost pulled a downhill and went from 3rd to 5th, but more significantly, lost a big chunk of points.

Ari G, Team Teen-Wolf , Frontledge/Fitilehpeach - Blah scores, big drops in standings.

Birkmama - How can the biggest F1 expert anywhere suck so bad at this?

----

I'm sorry if I spared you, or totally ignored you, but don't worry, there's always next time. Next stop, Bahrain.

birkmama
03-24-2005, 09:12 AM
It is a long season, grasshopper! I follow stringently the strategy of my idol Michael (S. not A.) and plan to surprise everybody with a little foul maneuver on the finish line. As soon as we hit Europe I am planning on taking a couple of victories.

MJAmok
03-24-2005, 06:07 PM
my idol Michael (S. not A.)

Thanks for clarifying...