PDA

View Full Version : Advanced 2-Day 2-Day @ Road Atlanta in August...

kbalch
04-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Anyone planning to be there?

I'm thinking of going and then picking a race weekend in the fall.

Ken

Slowhands
04-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Anyone planning to be there?

I'm thinking of going and then picking a race weekend in the fall.

KenThe addiction has obviously not yet taken full hold. I did my 2-day ADV within a month of my 3-day, and my first race weekend the week after that!

Be prepared for VERY hot and humid conditions in Atlanta in August. Your race suit will be soaking wet after the first session. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

kbalch
04-18-2009, 10:17 PM
The addiction has obviously not yet taken full hold. I did my 2-day ADV within a month of my 3-day, and my first race weekend the week after that!

Be prepared for VERY hot and humid conditions in Atlanta in August. Your race suit will be soaking wet after the first session. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Well, the hook is pretty well set. The delay til August is a combination of finances and wanting to run at Road Atlanta. I've been watching lots of track videos and I really like the course there. I'm sure I'll hit 'em all eventually...

Atlanta in August won't be any worse than Orlando, and I'm used to that. As for being soaking wet, I was thoroughly soaked on the last day at Sebring, so nothing new there. Just so long as the track isn't soaked, I'll be fine! :)

Ken

GriffDogRacer
04-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Road Atlanta is a great track... in my slightly biased and highly unhumble opinion. I grew up attending events there, did my three day there and have raced there a couple of times. From my view, it's a pretty technical track and would seem a good fit for a two day class. You can expect heat, as Harsha remarked, but you can also expect a high probability of afternoon showers. It's rained for about half of the days I've been there. But, most will tell you that wet conditions will push your car control up the learning curve faster than dry.

I'm just bummed there's no race weekend to follow!!!

Have fun Ken.