PDA

View Full Version : TJR hits ONE THOUSAND threads!!

sydude
02-03-2006, 11:20 AM
I want to thank all of you for helping make our little community NOT SO LITTLE ANYMORE! What started out as a little playground amongst friends has evolved into something else --- a HUGE playground amongst friends!

What a great testament to the vibrancy of the Skip Barber Series and the camaraderie of its members.

Next step: Ten Thousand posts.

ENJOY!

cdh
02-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Sy, thanks for making TJR the cyber water cooler it is; a place where we can all hang out, swap stories, share our triumphs and tragedies and poke fun at each other. It’s all that and more.

I know how much time and effort you put in so it looks good, works smoothly and keeps our interest, a big job you do very well!

Many thanks Dude! :bowdown:

dalyduo
02-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Sy,

I've always called TJR the virtual (Hubba Hubba) "Racoon Lodge" for Skippy racers, (that analogy could, come to think of it, inspire some rather radical TJR head gear and driving suits. see photo :-) but also love Doug's water cooler analogy.

Official Racoon Lodge club greeting (Bylaws, sec. 2)

The handshake involved touching elbows (first right then left), followed by a "Woooooo" sounding cry as they wiggled the raccoon tail on their lodge hat. They ended by chorusing: "Brothers under the pelt."

Perhaps our new salute should be "Brothers under the Nomex" while wiggling the straps on our HANS devices. :D

Anyway...
What's outstanding about your effort Sy, is the way you've continued to develop the site with upgrades and content, making it more efficient and user friendly for everyone. You are a dynamo and we :bowdown: to your devotion to TJR while also developing your own racing skill to the highest level.

Having said that, I think we should have even more Southern, Midwest and Western racers "In the House" to broaden the sharing, education and fun.

"The Flying Randalls" are a great example of new blood tapping into what TJR has to offer. They are communicating with each other, gathering anecdotal experience and knowledge from members, (reliable vendors, track info, etc.) and generally improving the quality of their Skippy racing life.

It's hard to explain the value of TJR as a virtual club house, but it certainly makes the experience of a relatively few race events spread around the country more personal, educational, productive and fun. Other than that, it's a waste of time. :D

macdod
02-04-2006, 07:17 PM
There's no place like the TJR homepage,

Auntie Emm, is that you?
Now, now Donald take it easy you're home.

Yes I am.

Thanks Sy

cdh
02-05-2006, 10:21 AM
there is this pic from an earlier, similar thread

macdod
02-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Sid actually looks like a Russian Czar in the photo:r:

dalyduo
02-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I neglected to save your earlier modification Doug. Would have used it if I'd found it.

Yes Donald, Sid looks great in this shot. Hubba Hubba!

there is this pic from an earlier, similar thread

sydude
06-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey look at that... in a year and a half we doubled our threads AND our posts, breaking 2,000 and 20,000, respectively. Cool!

dalyduo
06-04-2007, 04:13 PM
So good... It makes its own gravy. :nannagroo

GEORGE
06-04-2007, 06:14 PM
The only problem with this site is the casual way we throw snide remarks at each other, I lose track of when this type of humor is not appreciated (like in real life)
Thank you soooooooo much for the outlet for my smarmy side