PDA

View Full Version : New Member

LieutenatDan
06-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello!

My name is Dan Burns, my wonderful fiance bought me a gift certificate for the 1 day High Performance Driving School, so I'm here craving info related to it!

I recently purchased a 2012 Mustang V6 w/ Perf. Package, and am looking to get involved in some autocrossing and track day events down the road.

dalyduo
06-05-2012, 04:51 AM
Welcome Dan,

Your one day HPDS is a great way to better learn and enjoy the performance envelope of your Mustang.

You'll spend time at the limit on the skidpad, autocross and emergency braking and turning exercises. All of these exercises are practiced in high performance cars such as the Lotus Evora, Lexus IS-F and Porsche 911. In the afternoon you will receive a track talk and then experience several lead-follow sessions in small groups at gradually increasing speeds on track. By the end of the day you'll better understand and respect the capabilities and limits of high performance cars.

Most people leave with a big smile on their face wishing they'd signed up for the 2-day HPDS. :D

If you're serious about autocrossing and track days then the 3 day racing school would be the best next step after the HPDS

Let us know how it goes for you.

Hello!

My name is Dan Burns, my wonderful fiance bought me a gift certificate for the 1 day High Performance Driving School, so I'm here craving info related to it!

I recently purchased a 2012 Mustang V6 w/ Perf. Package, and am looking to get involved in some autocrossing and track day events down the road.

Redneck
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Give your Fiance a big hug for giving you the school. Remember how big the hug was because after the school, you will give your Finance a big hug and you do not want to crush your Fiance.
If your Finance can go with you and observe, that would be an opportunity to see firsthand the pleasure that the gift provides.

I have a nephew who seldom smiles (just his personality, I sent him through the one day school and it took two weeks for the smile to not be plastered on his face.

GEORGE
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I sent my daughter to this school.
All the way to Lime Rock she called this a "lame" activity for Old Guys like me.

Fast Forward to Ride Home;

"That was the Greatest Day of my Life!!!!!! I thought I was a great driver before i got here. Then I found out I really wasn't so good. But I learned a LOT and I know I still have a lot to learn. Thanks Dad."

She still remembers.

She also sat in the Caterham and said..... "When Do I get to drive?"

Your Fiance has startled a sleeping giant that will never be the same again!

Good Luck to your wallet. It will hemorrage cash for years to come!

The drug of unbridled speed, coupled with learned skill, is too much for one man to resist!

Have Fun

PFS
06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
If your Finance can go with you and observe, that would be an opportunity to see firsthand the pleasure that the gift provides.

Finance. That's perfect, Redneck.

Slowhands
06-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I've had fiancee prospects, but just don't seem to be able to reel in a "finance". I hope it might work out while I can still drive. :rotflmao: